Sunday, October 2, 2011

Be Still, My Soul

Be Still, My Soul:
Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In ev'ry change he faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav'nly Friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: The hour is hast'ning on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last. 

I love this Hymn.
I love everything about it.
It speaks directly to me.

So I haven't blogged in awhile.
I went through a phase were I blogged every single week.
However, I have been good.
I have had my ups and downs. 
Who doesn't?
But my Book of Mormon class keeps me going.
My faith keeps me going.

I was told earlier this semester to be completely selfish this semester.
To make this a semester about finding myself and strengthening my relationship with my Savior.
And thats what Im working on.
And honestly I am so much happier this semester because of it.
I have grown so much closer to my Lord.
I've studied the scriptures more then ever.
And I've found a love for the Temple.

I've had some questions.
But every one of them was answered this weekend.
I love General Conference.
I love the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
I love our Prophet.
I love the priesthood.
I am so happy.

I am going on a mission.
It will be the best 18 months for my life.
I need it.
I want it.
I want to serve the Lord in every way possible.
400 days until I can turn in my papers.

I want to be an EFY counselor this summer.
I've decided if I get to do it I'm going to do it in San Antonio.
I have such a testimony of the Youth programs of the church and how much they help.
Im excited to be apart of it :]

I've also decided that Nursing... is not for me.
Im majoring in the visual arts :]
I love to draw.
I love photography.
I love creating things.
I cant wait.
I want to show my talents.

I've also decided that I will be moving to heritage in the fall.
I love the girls here.
But its not where I need to be.

General Conference.
The best weekend of the year.
I used to always fall asleep.
But as I got older, I started watching every session.
Sometimes by myself.
But it has always been worth it.
My testimony is strengthened each moment of it.
The speakers are truly inspired.
Their words ring truth to my soul.

Some notes: (I have 20 pages... haha)
Saturday morning: Richard G. Scott-
The scriptures are pure truth.
We will be blessed if we ponder and read daily.
We will have the spirit with us.
Barbara Thomas-
Seek the Spirit of the Lord.
Desire to receive revelation and ask in faith.
L. Whitney Clayton-
The Church shall never be destroyed.
The church spreads more and more every year.
All nations will open to us.
Thomas S. Monson-
Life will fly- Don't waste a moment of it.
NEW PROVO TEMPLE!
Jose L. Alonso-
Happiness is found through serving the Savior.
NEVER GIVE UP.
Elder Boyd K. Packer-
The spirit comes as a feeling.
Only repentance heals things which hurt.
President Uchtdorf-
I know that man is nothing.
But to the Lord we are everything.
We matter.
Afternoon session-
Elder Bednar-
Without our dead we can not be perfect.
Ardern-
Time flies and we can not call it back.
Use your time wisely and for your advantage.
B Cook- 
How can I do this?
Don't look down... Its better to look up.
The Lord will help us so have the faith to follow.
The Lord is my light.
Curtis Jr.-
We are redeemed through the Atonement.
Christofferson-
Without repentance there is no improvement.
L. Tom Perry-
Be an example.
We believe in Him and He is the source of happiness.

:] so much more good things.
I am so blessed.
I have a testimony of this church.
I know my Savior lives.
I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church.
That through it we can be eternally happy.
I know that the Book of Mormon is true.
I love it.
I know that President Monson is a prophet.
I know that he loves each one of us.
I know that our Savior loves us.
That He chose to die for us.
I know that if we live how He would have us live we will be eternally happy.
I know this.
And I can not deny it.

































































































 





1 comment:

  1. Oh Alex. You are such an inspiration to me. Your blog inspired me to make my own. Your drive to go on a mission has made me want to go on my own. I think your new major choice is so you and I think it is one you could really flourish in! I love you so much girl. I miss that crazy accent that comes out when your tired or upset, and I miss those yummy sweet potatoes you'd make everyday :) I'm so happy we got the chance to live together!!

    ReplyDelete