Sunday, August 21, 2011

What an interesting/extremely lazy week. :]

Seriously. It has been quite a week.
Full of insight and figuring a lot of things out.
Let me tell you if you want to spill your soul sit on an airplane with some guy your age.. they'll let you talk :]
and then they'll spill their souls.
so its this huge spill your soul fest on a plane, while some guy is watching transformers 3 (illegally) right next to you.
the good thing about this situation is you will never see the guy ever again.
And you get some free therapy, and don't feel half so bad for yourself bc this guy has it ten times worst.

Its the only way to fly. lol

So I love being home :]
Its just what I needed.
I needed to talk and just relax.

I had an interesting conversation with someone I really respect and love the other day.
He told me something that really helped me and helped me with a huge question that I had.

He told me something awesome.
"Divine wants and intentions work out."
He gave me a lot of advice that made me feel a lot better about everything.

I feel refreshed.
Thats the only word that can describe it.
I feel like I know whats going to happen now.
I know it, and that makes me happy :]

I may not know what I want to be when I grow up.
But no matter what it will work out.
Right now I need to be "selfish" and concentrate on what I need to do to improve myself.

I feel like I moved past a stump.
I know everything will work out.
Everything I've been worrying about, I've been praying about will be okay.

But besides that.
What a week.
I seriously have not moved very far.

I am addicted to friday night lights.
IF any show will make you feel good about your life it is that one.

I have been so so so lazy.
Ive downloaded about 4 hours worth of music and have been on the computer listening to music alll day.
I have also been watching funny youtube videos. lol
I have quite the life.

BUT I have done some things.
IM not completely lazy.

For instance... I went tracking with the sister missionaries. AND I LOVED IT.
I seriously can not wait to dedicate a year and a half of my life to the Lord and myself.
I mean it wasn't exactly what I would call fun..
But I felt the spirit so strongly.
I realized that I am so blessed that I am able to feel the spirit and I am so happy when I do.
For a while I was really struggling with whether or not it was the spirit speaking or was it just me.
But Ive learned something.
That the peace we feel, the absolute comfort we feel, is the spirit.
And I want to bring that feeling to everyone I meet.

It makes me so happy.
It makes me feel content.
It makes me feel ready for anything that comes my way.


Being with the missionaries also made me very grateful for the home I grew up in.
The homes we visited were dark, they had bugs and dirt everywhere.
I am so thankful that I have an education, that my parents, and their parents, wherever the education started, received one. 
I am thankful that I have the means to improve myself.
That I live in a comfortable home.
And that I can go to college.

Louisiana really is one of a kind.
There are areas that are not poor, but there are areas of extreme poverty.
Where children struggle.
Where adults are working multiple of jobs just to get by.

Its amazing that america concentrates so much on other countries and their poverty rates,
when all they have to do is look around them and realize how many poor areas we have.
And how hard it is to move out of those areas once you are in.

I am extremely grateful for what I have.

Again, I love being home.
I love spending time with my friends.
I love canoeing in my back yard :]
I love late night wendy's runs.
I love my family and my dogs.
I love that I can just be lazy for a week.

I went to a wedding this weekend.
It made me think about my own future wedding.
And to tell you the honest truth I cant picture it.
As hard as I try I cant. lol
I can picture the temple I want to be sealed in (the Houston Temple).
I can picture the dress (lace and no poof).
I can picture the ring (I want a pearl ring... I know weird)
But other then that I cant picture anything else.
Something I have learned during my 8 week college experience, is that I have a lot of growing up to do before I even consider getting married.
I need to learn a lot about myself.

But I am excited.
Im excited for the blessings that will come out of a temple marriage.
I am excited for that time in my life.
I want all the promises that Lord can offer me.
And I will live in a manner that I will be ready for those blessings.

Today made me think.
A close friend of ours has cancer that has spread to his lungs and stomach.
It made me think of all my blessings.
But also how scared he must be.
But also what an amazing man he is.
He joined the church and he thanks it all to his cancer.
He sees the blessings that come out of difficult situations.
It made me wonder if I could be so strong.
I hope I could be.
He is such an amazing example.

I leave on Wednesday.
AND I am ready.
Im ready to go back to a Young Single Adults ward.
Im ready to meet new people.
I am so excited to start this new phase at BYU.
Im excited to see what this year will offer me.
Im so excited to live in Helaman.

I seriously love my life.
I have been quite down.
But I feel so much better.
Im going to stay that way too.

I love home :]

No comments:

Post a Comment