Thursday, August 11, 2011

:] Summer is over.

A lot can change in a summer.
Actually a lot can in a second.
It only takes one for your whole life to change.

One thing that I learned in my humanities class (that awful class),
is that human beings are never the same.
We are in a constant state of change.
Not only physically, but mentally too.

So when are we finally ourselves?
When can we say I know who I am?
When are we who we are meant to be?

I feel like I'm a different person every other day.
I feel like I find out things about myself that I never knew before.
I find things that I really want to change.

My summer is over.
I am different then I was before.
Luckily in some ways for the better.
Theres things that I'm still trying to change.
Things that Im still trying to fix.

I met tons of friends.
People that I have grown to love.
Each one has impacted me.

Theres a lot of people that Im sure I will never see again.
People that will remain just a summer memory.

I love my roommates.
I love that I had a summer with them.
Ive learned that I am pretty messy. lol
Ive learned that I can study hard and long.
But also that I can be lazy.

Ive learned that I will never major in humanities...
I love BYU though :]

Seriously, one of my best decisions in the world was applying for summer.
I had so much fun!
Things didn't go as planned..
Nor will they always.
But I can keep looking forward and trying.

I cant wait for fall.
I cant wait to meet new people.
I cant wait to live next to a track.
I cant wait to live in Helaman.
Seriously! It looks so fun.

I can not wait for my chemistry class :]
To tell you the truth I would start next week if I could!!!
I seriously love my life.
The good and the bad.

Like I said a lot can change in a day.
A lot will change next semester.
Im so excited to meet new friends.

But as I'm sitting here Im sad.
This summer went so fast...
I feel like I took a lot for granted.
I feel like I messed a lot of things up...
and that makes me sad...

But im so thankful for all the things that happened this summer.
I am so thankful the Lord allowed me to come here.
Im so thankful that I have parents that can support me.
That I was able to have such an awesome summer.

So goodbye to the summer I looked forward for for months.
I will miss you..
But now its time for yet another phase.

and as this quote says..

“One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering"

I cant wait to say I know who I am.
Whenever that may be :]
But right now Im taking it a day at a time.
Im living in the moment..

Now to home I go :)
And in two weeks another beginning.



No comments:

Post a Comment